tisdag 4 oktober 2011

LITTLE MISS SUPERSTITIOUS

I am very superstitious.

I am a firm believer in karma (it's very logical actually, shit always hits the fan eventually).

I also believe in the Law of Attraction (not in a crazy way, but I think that a positive attitude and belief in what ever you do will take you far).
Anyway, the strangest thing took place last week.

A sunny Saturday two weeks ago I wasted time just walking around Stockholm checking out furniture, making up wish lists in my mind for "when I'm rich", and I found this amazing silver colored cow skin hanging on a wall, kind of out of sight. The price was a bit over 6000 kronor and for a poor bastard like me, that's lot of money for a new mat when I already have a pretty ok one.

So when I asked the nice girl if they had more than that one (which they didn't and won't) and explained my depressing budget she said "Well why don't you buy a Trisslott, you never know..."

And that stuck with me. The mat I craved as well as her advise to play the lottery.

I have NEVER played the lottery and I am certainly not "Little Miss Gambler", it gives me more anxiety than a thrilling sensation. But I am superstitious.

So when woke up in an extra good mood on Wednesday I decided to buy a Trisslott. I scraped it walking from the store and only came a couple of meters when I realized that I had won 1000 kronor! I ran back to the store where the cashier laughed and said "You haven't even skraped the "X?" square (rookie mistake), it's X2! You have won 2000 kronor!".
It felt symbolic, not so much money that I could buy something else even more extravagant but just what I needed to afford the mat. But it also felt as if I now HAD to buy it. Because I would never ever have played the lottery if she hadn't advised me to.

When I went back to the store and told her the story she got just as excited as I. She told me that she had sold incense to a man a couple of months ago, he had asked her which scent she liked and she answered truthfully that she never lit incense but there was one named "Money Maker" and she liked the name. He got it and a couple of weeks he came back and told her he had lit the incense for four days in a row, and during those days his company made over half a million kronor!

I now believe that she's a bit magical haha.

To end my long, silly story - I got the mat for a bit over 3500 kr (with a little discount and my prize money) and I LOVE it.

(I took the picture before I put all stuff back in place, thats why my table is half)

/A



Inga kommentarer:

Sitemeter